WES Business Award
The WES Business Award competition provides opportunities for women to strengthen their business plans and compete for seed grants to launch or expand businesses in Tunisia. One hundred awards of TND 1000 and TND 2000 will be granted through 2016, in three award cycles.
Eligibility requirements include:
- be female
- be a resident of the region in which she is applying
- have completed a WES training
- have a viable business plan
- submit a complete application by the deadline
Winners are selected by an independent committee based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of Vision: Applicant has a clear vision/plan for her business. She can clearly explain what she wants to do with her business and has a realistic plan for how she will use the Award funds to start or expand a business within the 6 months following the award.
- Market Opportunity: There is proven demand for the applicant’s product/service in the region. The applicant has a well thought-out plan to market and respond to the demand for her product/service.
- Profitability and Financial Feasibility: There is a demonstrated understanding of the financial requirements of starting or expanding a business. The applicant is clear about her potential revenue and profits and the plan seems to be financially feasible and profitable.
- Management Capability: The applicant has the management and entrepreneurial qualities and skills to successfully launch or expand a business.
Preference is given to those applicants whose business clearly has the potential to grow and provide employment for others in the community.