WES Center Services
WES Centers for Women’s Business Development provide a range of services to support aspiring, emerging and established women entrepreneurs in Tunisia.
- Affordable training;
- Connecting women to mentors, coaches and experts;
- Facilitating access to financial resources;
- Linking entrepreneurs to a national network of women in business; and
- Offering an accelerator and business growth initiative to select women.
To learn more about specific services, contact the WES Center in your region.
WES provides training and business development support for women entrepreneurs from all backgrounds. Curricula are offered in basic, intermediate and advanced levels to best meet specific needs.
- Entrepreneurship – A comprehensive and practical training that uses relevant case studies of Tunisian businesswomen to develop the business knowledge and skills required to start, manage and expand a business. Through the course, women develop a business plan to expand or launch a business.
- Leadership – An intensive training that supports women to think about their dreams, shift traditional thought processes and assumptions, and articulate a vision for their future. Participants are encouraged to “think outside the box” and develop a plan for realizing their vision.
- Social Media for Women Entrepreneurs – Participants learn technical skills and best practices for using Facebook and other social media platforms to develop marketing strategies to expand their businesses.
- Financial Education – Specifically designed for women entrepreneurs in Tunisia, entrepreneurs gain the knowledge, skills, attitudes and confidence to adopt good money management practices and address the specific barriers that women may face.
- Home-Based Business – Participants build skills specific to starting and managing a business from home including how to develop a sales and market strategy from home, find clients and balance family obligations.
- E-Commerce – A cutting-edge training that prepares participants to establish an online presence for their business, and effectively use online platforms to sell products and services.
In addition to the core curricula listed above, each Center offers additional professional courses to meet the needs of entrepreneurs in their specific communities.
WES-Up, an accelerator and business growth initiative, offers women entrepreneurs a path to business growth. Through one-on-one coaching, technical assistance, strategic growth planning and networking opportunities, women entrepreneurs reach new markets, forge partnerships, develop products or services, and access financial resources. Select entrepreneurs also have the opportunity to make a pitch to venture capitalists and other potential funders to obtain further funding.
WES-Up is offered at WES business development centers in Bizerte, Kef, Tunis, Sfax, Kairouan, Gafsa, Tozeur, Zarzis and Tataouine. Of note, the WES Center in Sfax has a particular focus on supporting women’s entrepreneurship in STEM fields.
Please contact the WES Center in your region to learn more about WES-Up and how to apply.